Whether you’re a seasoned chef or a novice cook, everyone can benefit from a few handy kitchen hacks. Not only do they save time and effort, but they can also make cooking more enjoyable. Here are 15 amazing kitchen hacks that you need to know:
- Use a muffin tin to organize small ingredients: A muffin tin is a great way to organize small ingredients like chopped vegetables or spices while you cook.
- Freeze leftover wine: Don’t let leftover wine go to waste! Freeze it in ice cube trays and use it later for cooking or in cocktails.
- Peel garlic with a jar: Place garlic cloves in a jar and shake vigorously to remove the skins. This is a quick and easy way to peel garlic without the hassle.
- Use a binder clip to hold your recipe: Attach a binder clip to the top of your recipe card or cookbook page to hold it in place and prevent it from getting dirty.
- Use a straw to hull strawberries: Simply push a straw through the bottom of a strawberry to remove the hull.
- Prevent overcooked pasta: Set a timer for two minutes less than the package directions and then taste the pasta. This way, you can avoid overcooked pasta.
- Use a vegetable peeler to slice cheese: A vegetable peeler is a great way to slice thin pieces of cheese for sandwiches or salads.
- Use a spoon to peel ginger: Instead of using a knife, use a spoon to scrape off the skin of ginger. It’s much easier and results in less waste.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut herbs: A pizza cutter is a quick and easy way to chop fresh herbs like basil or parsley.
- Use a sieve to sift dry ingredients: A sieve is a great tool to sift dry ingredients like flour or powdered sugar. It ensures that your ingredients are evenly distributed and prevents lumps.
- Use an egg slicer to slice mushrooms: An egg slicer is a quick and easy way to slice mushrooms for salads or sautés.
- Keep brown sugar soft with a piece of bread: Place a piece of bread in a bag of brown sugar to keep it from getting hard.
- Use a spoon to scoop out avocado: Instead of using a knife, use a spoon to scoop out the flesh of an avocado. It’s much easier and results in less waste.
- Use a slow cooker liner for easy cleanup: A slow cooker liner is a great way to make cleanup a breeze. Simply discard the liner after cooking and you’re done.
- Use a spray bottle to mist oil: Fill a spray bottle with oil and use it to mist pans or vegetables for a light and even coating.
In conclusion, these 15 amazing kitchen hacks will make your time in the kitchen more efficient and enjoyable. Whether you’re a professional chef or a beginner cook, these hacks are sure to change the way you cook!